- Acclaimed nationally: The Wound Care Center is managed by Healogics, the nation’s largest wound care provider with more than 600 locations. Rush Oak Park Hospital is a Healogics Center of Excellence and the recipient of the Robert A. Warriner Center of Distinction Award in recognition of its high-quality care and exceptional performance.
- Aggressive wound healing goals: Our expectations are based on comprehensive and proven clinical practice guidelines and i heal, the world’s largest accumulation of wound data. We use aggressive benchmarks to heal your wound as rapidly as possible.
- Comprehensive, individualized care: Based on your personal and family medical history, we develop an individualized plan of care, including diagnostic tests, treatments, weekly clinic visits for wound debridement and collaboration with your primary care physician. You will learn how to provide wound care at home and other steps to help you heal.
Experienced wound care specialists: Since opening in 1998, our experienced wound care specialists have collaborated across all specialties to offer comprehensive, expert care. Our team includes registered and certified wound care nurses and physicians who are board-certified in the following specialties:
- Geriatrics: Specialize in healthcare for the elderly.
- Internal medicine: Provide preventive care, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases.
- Vascular surgery: Diagnose and treat diseases of the arteries and veins.
- General surgery: Provide a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Physiatry and Rehabilitation: Restore/ improve function and quality of life for people with physical injuries and disabilities.
- Podiatry: Offer preventive care, diagnosis and treatment of foot problems.
- Family medicine: Provide health care for all ages, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Patients are happy with us: Our patient satisfaction rates remain in the high 90s (out of 100). We also have earned a national NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designation for our sensitive and exemplary care of elderly patients.
- Superior healing rates: Healing rates at the ROPH Wound Care Center are consistently higher than 95 percent – higher than Healogics’ national benchmark for wound healing (92 percent). Many patients experience complete wound healing in as little as a month.
- Convenience and ease: We’re easy to find at ROPH. And parking – including valet parking – is always free.
As we begin to reopen Rush Oak Park Hospital for elective procedures and in-person care, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.